Thursday, July 11, 2013

Nails Nails Nails! Haul, Review, & Nail Design



As I'm typing this blog post I'm looking down at my nails and can't help but smile because they are so fun and festive for summer. I'm am obsessed with neon this summer. If it's neon and I can wear it, I'm buying it. If I could have neon hair I would -- OK, maybe that's a little much but you get my point.

Let me start off my telling you guys that I have a serious nail polish addiction -- IT'S REAL!! I have over 140 nail polishes and I don't plan on stopping. If you haven't seen my nail polish collection video I will link it here. I show you all of my nail polishes and how I store them. I get such joy out of them (I live a sad life -__-).

Recently, a close friend told me about this huge beauty supply she went to that housed every single nail polish you could think of for great discounted prices. "Say no more! Where do I find this heaven" I asked. The beauty supply is called Skyline Beauty in Chinatown, Los Angeles. It's one of those beauty supply stores that the nail salons get their nail polishes from. Because the salons are usually buying them in bulk they sell them for lower prices. But wait, that's not even the good part. We found a coupon on Groupon (best thing since sliced bread) where you can get $22 worth of nail polish for $11. Now, normally I buy my polishes from Sallys, Target and Planet Beauty and my favorite brands are Essie, OPI and China Glaze which in those stores will cost $8, $9 and $5, respectively. But at Skyline Beauty the Essie is $3.50 then OPI is $4 and China Glaze is $3.50.  I mean hello! What more could I possibly want.? Cheaper prices means I can buy more! I haven't bought any polishes in a while so I thought I would treat my self to a few (or more ha!) that I have been eyeing for a while now.

I picked up 7 polishes including my favorite top coat, Seche Vite. One of the polishes I bought for my friend so I ended up with 6 for about $30. (I went over my coupon so I just paid the difference).
The colors I got were:
Essie- Bouncer It's Me
China Glaze- You Drive Me Coconuts (Jellie)
China Glaze- Techno (Glitter)
Orly-Glowstick
Color Club-Harp On It (Holographic)
Seche Vite- Top Coat

Had I bought these from anywhere else it would have cost me around $50. That's a total savings of $20

Mini Reviews:
I was very excited to try out my first holographic nail polish. I've heard mixed reviews about them and was eager to give it a try and see how I like it. I can happily report that the holographic nail polish from Color Club is AMAZE-BALLS! It's the perfect consistency and goes on super opaque. You could really get away with one coat but I always double up for longevity. The holographic design is just that. It's definitely not one of those polishes that looks great in the bottle but not so much when applied. The particles don't break up, they stay intact for an even application. It truly is a great polish that I would recommend.  I can't wait to hear what people say about it, it's such a cool effect.

The China Glaze Drive Me Coconuts is a jelly from their new Sunsational, can't really say that I'm a fan of jelly polishes. I just don't see the point but the color is great!

The Orly Glowstick is one that I've wanted for months. I have two other neon nail polishes, this one comes in 2nd. My Illamasqua- Rave coming in 1st, the consistency is perfect and the finish is TDF and China Glaze- Celtic Sun coming in last, it' very watery and takes a million coats to get a good finish. The Orly wasn't what I expected but it's fine.

The Essie Bouncer It's Me is from the new Neons 2013 collections (told you I like neons). Its a vivid cobalt blue color another one of my favorite colors this summer.

The China Glaze Techno is a repurchase. Hands down the best holo-glitter ever in life!


This week I'm rocking Holographic and Neon Nails. Using some of them polishes I mentioned about I applied the holographic and neon polishes on each of my nails in a random order. I love it! Here's a pic!

CG- You Drive Me Coconuts Orly-Glowstick CC-Harp On It


Let me know that you guys think? And if you live in the L.A. area definitely check out Skyline Beauty, you'll thank me later! :)


XOXO
Shanaz
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel and Blog, thank you :)

Pics:
Sorry the quality isn't great, I took them on my iPhone. 

CG-You Drive Me Coconuts

Orly-Glowstick

CC-Harp On It

Essie-Bouncer It's Me

CG-Techno



1 comment:

  1. Very pretty the colors and the order in which you used them on your nails!

    ReplyDelete